smaller fish not getting food?

Grahams

Medium Fish
Sep 4, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Well now that my tank has been cycled i picked up 4 tiger barbs which are smaller than the 3 sword tails i have. They have been in the tank since yesterday and i went to feed them this morning and i noticed they didn't eat/didn't find the food/the swordtails took all the food. Is this anything i should be worried with? Or are they just getting adjusted?

Sep 9, 2007
Florida
not really, if the sword fish are bigger your tigar fish might just be scared of the others, what you should do is feed your swordtals on one side of the tank and your tigars in another spot away from the swords. it might take them a while your fish are new and they are gettting use to their new home. good luck

Grahams

Medium Fish
Sep 4, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Alright. I exchanged the tiger barbs at the store for 4 phantom tetras because i didn't have room for a few more tigers and they started picking on the swordtails. But the tetras have the same problem they just lie in the bottom of the tank during feeding time and don't show any intrest in getting food. Any ideas? I'm feeding them flakefood and blood worms.