Smallest Powerhead?

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
im making a tank but the return chamber is small.

the smallest and must popular ph i have fine was the rio 50/90 (both the same size).

is there a smaller ph out there? im trying to aim at 50-100gph

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
Yes, tunze make one that is absolutely tiny, and there are some others too I tihnk. I have the tunze one, and it is nice, very little, quite prone to clogging as the input is so small

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
TheFool said:
Yes, tunze make one that is absolutely tiny, and there are some others too I tihnk. I have the tunze one, and it is nice, very little, quite prone to clogging as the input is so small

whats the full name of it? like the model number.

and where can i get one??? *crazysmil

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
hey coolwaters what ever happend with that bowfront?? did u ever bring it back??? also did u ever get the metal halides working or did u give up on that too?? :p

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
TRe said:
hey coolwaters what ever happend with that bowfront?? did u ever bring it back??? also did u ever get the metal halides working or did u give up on that too?? :p

My mom made me return it...it was a hot day so it was a real pain *SUNSMILE* ...
but on the plus side i saw a acrylic version of the 46g bowfront...

she claims that she'll get me one of thos costco 100g tanks but my dad messed it up for me. :(

they also got mad that i kept buying stuff online and wasting my money.

so unless i can fine a local store that sells DIY parts for MH im stuck.

the only progress i made was the completion of my 3g pico....

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
back on track...

the rio makes a lot of noise because of the small space it has.

im planning on using 1/2 PVC pipes instead of of thos Vinyl tubes. 65 GPH really gets cut down when it travels 6" and 2 elbows along with a duckbill deflector....

the good part is my overflow and return chamber flows faster then it gets sucked out.

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
Another option would be the Micro-Jet powerhead, made by Aquarium Systems...

I use it in my one gallon vase. It's actually designed for amphibian tanks, I think, as it can fountain a small amount of water off only two inches of submersion.

As you're sending it through an overflow you'll probably want something more powerful. But here it is

I've been using mine for almost two years now. Works great, very little maintence I have to do.