snail problem

Apr 7, 2005
NUNYA
I started out with 3 snails I dont even know what kind of snails they are. and guess what I have been pulling little ones out left and right i gave my sister about 30 the other day and yesterday I pulled out 58 and I have gotten out another 30 today. I think they mate worse than rabbits. Is there any fish I can get that will eat the snails? I want them OUT.
Thanks for the help....

R0UNDEYEZ

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Clown Loaches will eat snails, but they get to be pretty big (10-12" ) and do best in groups of 3 or more.. so i don't know if that will really work for your tank size and setup you have..Is it the tank in your signature?

Nov 27, 2004
New Orleans
Visit site
if you dont want more fish you could try the boiled piece of lettuce or cucumber slice trick where you put it in when you go to bed and pick it up when you wake up and it should be covered in snails. puffers like snails too, but i wouldnt recommend them for a community tank.

May 7, 2005
san diego, california
i had the same exact problem about 3 weeks ago in my 10 gallon tank. Snails were everywhere. I didn't need anymore fish so i tried lettuce. I didn't boil it or anything but when i woke up in the morning the lettuce was black with little bitty stupid snails. Definetly got rid of that piece of lettuce. If that doesn't work for you, or you don't get them all the first time, just try it again.

Good Luck!

Firebug

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2004
Colorado
Or you could be mean...:eek: Like me and find them, take them out, crush them, and flush down the toilet (you can also crush them and put it back in your tank for the fish to eat).