Snails in my 10 gallon?

Tomas

Medium Fish
Jan 1, 2006
Right now I have 4 blood eyed tetras in my tank( if sadly died a few weeks ago :( ) Anyways, I don't have any live plants in my tank, but, I do want to get a few snails in there. Is it a good idea? If I can't get those, could I get anything else like that, its kind of boring just with the 4 tetras in there :(

~Chaz

Guysy1110

Large Fish
Oct 26, 2006
essex
they never really eat plants unless they are dying plants, then they will eat it.

I used to feed mine boiled brocolli and cucumber, anything green they will eat :)

Mahamotorworks

Superstar Fish
Aug 26, 2006
Thule, Greenland
www.myspace.com
I have seen Apple snails eat living plants. If you want some smaller snails I have some Ram horns that I will give you. You will have to pay for shipping & handling but that would only be $6.00. I had a ram horn in my tank for a long time never bothered my plants. I Got the ones I have now with some plants that I bought. They have multiplied.

MAHA

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
If you opt to get a snail, I'd advise against the garden variety "Pond Snail" it will multiply faster than you can imagine, 3 or 4 can be 24 or more before you know it. I know this first hand :mad:

This is all well and good if your feeding puffers or something, but to the "Average Joe" it's a real pain.

Someone before suggested a ADF or maybe a few small shrimp, I agree, it'll add some fun to the tank, with manageable bio-load.