So going to a Reef Club meeting is bad enough...

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
But whats worse is the LFS that is holding it offers 30% off everything in house. Not to mention the LFS is an untapped gem that Matt has just uncovered. You honestly think Matt came home empty handed? *crazysmil

I picked up 2 small "colony" sized Acros today. A cool purple tipped one and a blue one. The blue one looks close to a tort variety. I also grabbed a small piece of our club's "coral of the month". Honestly i'm not 100% sure what it is. Very Monti like but i will get specifics later. "Hey Matt you want a frag of this for a couple of bucks?" "Uhh yeah?" ;)

I also picked up a small Corcea Clam! I've always wanted a clam and at an insanely low price why not try my hand at em?

Purple tip in the bucket

Blue

Happy as a Clam. :D

Cool thing about choosing a clam is looking down on it. Presents a whole new view, and color pattern. So when picking a clam, take a clear LFS specimen box and look down through it at the clam.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Nice pick ups. Now that your tank is so packed, you can post us a video of the chemical warfare which must be going on! :)
I'm actually surprised i havn't had any real problems! I run some Carbon so that takes a bunch out but not real problems.

TRe, i got something in the works. Not as big as we originally thought up....but it is bigger. I want to try and get the tank next week and have it situated on the stand...as unfinished as it is by next weekend (Loose schedule don't hold me to it). I'll also need to work on the sump and get a new skimmer rated more towards the lower gallonage i have planned.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Currently? 2 HOB filters for flow and to catch solids. Also holding LR rubble.

I'm gonna post a thread about the new tank soon. I have the perfect setup for my tank/sump in mind and plenty of extra lumber to make it happen. Look forward to it. Might start the thread later today. Be on the lookout for a build thread! ;)

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
I try and do a WC about every 2 weeks sometimes goes to 3 weeks. Constantly topping the tank off (Every day or every 2 days) so that puts some fresh clean water in constantly. Quite easy to maintain, and they say nanos are tough.

Only problem i've really ever had was a faulty heater that cooked my tank other then that its set it and forget it basically.

skratikans

Large Fish
Jul 19, 2007
clemson,sc
what type of heater did you replace it with? I recently had a heater that just stopped working, Im glad it didnt cook anything though. I'm excited you finally decided your tank size, cant wait to see this next thread and get my daily reef fix