So, my platy gave birth, and now I have an icky problem (help)

Aug 6, 2011
Vancouver
I am so excited to have the little babies! I have lots of hornwort in the tank for them and they seem to be doing great :) all 20 of them! They are a few days old now. I bought a divided and isolated the mommy in about a third of the tank - she was stalking them out, and I'm sorry but it's not "survival of the fittest" in my tank :p. Now, onto my problem.... I have four cardinal Tetras swimming happily in the tank as well, and they are getting ich. (!!!) So, seeing as I don't have another HEATED tank for them to be treated in, not to mention the fact that the parasites are already floating around in the tank, I don't really have any other option but to treat the tank and everyone in it. So, what to do....
I've raised the temp in the tank to 80F give or take, and added a little salt. I know salt is not good for fish and that some fresh water fish can even die from anything more than .35g per gallon, but in this case a little irritation to build up slime so the parasite doesn't re-enter the fish is a good thing! I haven't used any meds because I don't want to kill the babies. Any ideas would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Thanks so much <3