so sad

Dec 23, 2005
Wisconsin
Well i saw this one thing on tv that if a betta doesn't have a filter then the water has to be changed every other day. I suggest you get a 5 gallon or small with a filter unless you want to do a water change every other day:rolleyes:

jade71301

Large Fish
Jan 26, 2006
Quebec, Canada
well its a regular gold fish bowl. not sure how big since I had since I was a kid. Also I am willing to do water changes, I do them every week for my two betta fish. I just might transfer one to the bowl, but don't know if I could get a cover for it and for heat I use a light i guess.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I have never had a male betta that jumped or tried to jump... they would probably try if there was another betta bowl right next to them, but other than that they don't seem to me to be big jumpers.

jade71301

Large Fish
Jan 26, 2006
Quebec, Canada
So it should be ok then to put my betta in the goldfish bowl? My cousin said she had betta fish in gold fish bowls and they never lasted, I just don't want them to die.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2005
North East Philly
Perssonally I would ditch the bowl altogether. A bowl is just too much work and is very boring for the fish. I recommend a filter aquarium at least 2 gallons for one male betta. Both you and your fish will be happier. You will have less cleaning and the Betta won't be bored out of his mind and can show off his finnage (-:

Sorry for your loss but please accept this tip. Never put a Goldfish in a bowl. A goldfish should have at least 10-20 gallons per goldfish. Given the the right home the fish can live 10-20 years.