so what would be good with danios?

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Sarah, what kind of danios are they?

Pretty much you don't have room for 2 schools of fish in a 20. You can get away with 2 types of smaller tetra, but to have 6 danios and at least 6 of something else, well it just won't work.

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
SarahCdnNanny said:
So I've got a 20 gallon long tank, and have 5 danios... I put in 12 neons, and I only have one left as of this morning... mean danios!

So then what would I put in there?

We'd like a bit of color

Sarah
I have four Zebra Danios, four Harlequins, and a Blue Gourami. They all get along great. The Zebra Danios and Harlequins have been together for about four months now, no problems at all.:)

azfishgal

Large Fish
Dec 3, 2006
Arizona USA
SarahCdnNanny said:
They are 3 long finned danios and 2 zebras (and the one neon)

I wonder where I could go to sort of check what the ideal conditions are for each fish... I like the idea of a gourami though :)

thanks!
Think about getting a Blue Gourami or Pearl Gourami. Shortly after I added Danios to my tank I lost my Red Dwarf Gourami. Just started hanging out at one corner and then he died. I thought it was due to age so I later bought another one along with my current Blue Gourami, and for some reason the Red Dwarf Gourami died. The blue never chased him and always left him alone, so I don't think it was that. Later I read somewhere that Danios can sometimes make shy fish nervous with their high activity, so I'm thinking the Dwarf Gourami just couldn't take the high energy. Maybe if he was in a larger tank he would have been ok. All I know is I won't buy another Dwarf Gourami until after I move my Danios to my future large tank. With all that said, my Blue Gourami is doing great and doesn't seem to mind the fast, zipping Danios one bit.