Some new pics

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Haven't posted anything in awhile so I thought I would get you caught up with the tank. Since I haven't had to tear the tank apart to take out any bad fish lately the tank is really doing good. Bought some new bulbs, and have been feeding the tank oyster eggs the zoas have been putting out a few babies. I haven't replaced the fish I took out of the tank 2 Maroon Clowns, Fox Face, Flame Angel and a Hippo Tang, also haven't replaced the zoa frags that the Fox Face and the Hippo Tank had taken a liking to. I was kinda waiting for when we bought the new tank before I bought any new corals or fish. I have ordered a Choris Wrasse though, as I have some Bristle worms in the tank. My bank account for the new tank and equipment HAD been growing pretty good till this past week end. We decided, it was a must, that we got a new computer. It won't get here for another week or two but it is a very good computer and it won't need replaceing anytime soon, but it hit my new tank account for half of what I had saved up, which was basically the price for the controller, and the very big acrylic sump that I am going to have under the new tank, Oh well, I will get it built back up and there is still a good amount in the account.

Well, I had a few more pics to post, but it seems like Photo Bucket is having a problem right now, I will try later to get them posted.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
This FTS pic was tanken about two weeks ago and I have moved some of the corals around after this pic was taken because of the old MH bulbs that I have replaced in the tank. Didn't want some of the corals to be getting to much light to quick.

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Looking great! The Meteor Shower is looking good and the Ric collection is getting up there! Everything seems happy AND healthy.... I lost 99% of my SPS like 4 months ago but things have bounced back nicely. I suppose its about time I update my thread too seeing as how a few things have changed ... What bulbs did you switch to? and which Coris Wrasse did you get yellow or green?

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
I ordered a Yellow Coris Wrasse, the LFS hasn't ordered it yet though. He is waiting for the weather to get a bit better before he places a fish order. I went from a 20 K Usho bulb to a Pheniox 14K bulb. The toadstool was growing by leaps and bounds for awhile, but has slowed down a bit lately. The piece of live rock on the bottom and to the right of the toadstool, I pulled out of that spot and replaced it with a smaller piece of shelf rock and placed the toadstool on top of it, trying to lower the toadstool a bit in the tank. The toadstool was starting to grow in front of the power head and was getting to much current, seems to like being a bit lower in the tank. We had another local Ric buy, but I didn't get any this time. I have a larger piece of shelf rock in the tank, its the piece that the toadstool is sitting on in the FTS above and I would love to cover that piece with Rics :) A question: I was thinking of changing the Yellow Coris Wrasse order from one to two fish, or should I just get one? i also moved the Frog Spawn to the other end of the tank, it would have gotten into the toadstool if I had left it there. The frog spawn dosn't look like much, but I had just about killed it and it was down to only 2 lg. heads and 2 small heads, about 4 heads died and was fixing to give it away, I didn't really like it that much :(. But the wife liked it, so I moved it where you see it in the pic above (lowest current area of the tank) and it really has made a come back and we are up to 9 heads now and growing strong.

Last edited:

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
Ive got a Yellow Coris wrasse and he's pretty cool. I got him back in the summer when I had AEFW to try and help somewhat. I think I would only add 1 but if your looking to add other wrasses to take care of pest also consider a Radiant or Hawaiian 4 line