SOME PICS FROM ME---NEED ID ON CORALS

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
Here are some pics from my tank. This is the first time I've taken pics so bear with me also give pointers if you can.
Is this Kenya tree? What kind of polyps are next to the tree?

this is a stony coral i got for free from G.A.R.F.--ID?

Front of my tank crappy p and s camera!!!

Im gonna put featherdusters all over this thing it gonna be a huge featherduster dome

My leather

Triggy the coolest fish in the world so nice and playfull!!~

green crocea clam

jam out with yer clam out!!

Hope ya like em...

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
80 gallons....i bought it (the tank and stand) used in november, it had been set up for 6 mos at that time. But i've torn it down and rebuilt like 3 or 4 times now. Built the light hood, and sump/ref. Just now getting to where i can buy livestock more anyway, and really enjoy it. Constructions over for now unless i decide to use that big a$$ tank i got for free...pondering....anyway.

Camaro... there are no visual polyps on that red branching coral...wish i had macro!! Its really smooth and stony and deeper red if that may help ID it....really curious what it is...

yeah its a torch i like it, i really wanna get a phat ol frogspawn!!!

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
no visible polyps?? maybe bird's nest (Seriatopora sp.) then? sometimes they don't open up much in the daytime...only other thought is some sort of Montipora just because their polyps are often very tiny

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Montipora is likely. Any more detail than that is impossible. Fantastic trigger, but the chances of you getting a tubeworm mountain are next to zero - he'll eat, plus you have to feed them

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
wayne: what do you mean by "he'll eat"? The trigger eat the tubeworms, or featherdusters, are they the same thing, yeah? He doesn't bother the one thats there? Maybe I'm a little confused. Plus I will have to feed them...the featherdusters? Feed em what? I thought they were filter feeders?

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
hey what's your overflow box. Mine leaked again, ( my 4th one ) cheap plastic ...tired of DIY box..tried to buy one on ebay, the seller's a crook. What brand and is it worth it ? ( Size, noise, materials, powered with what pump and GPH )
Tnx

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
dude dont buy those boxses on ebay i had a nightmare with my first one. Ibought this at my LFS it runs up to three U tubes not sure on the gph but i only have 2 u tubes and it will keep up with my 900gph pump at 41/2 feet of head. If i added another tube i would need a bigger pump. I just saw one at my LFS yesterday like i have $48usd. Im sure if you call Bill at Fish aquariums and stuff 208-377-1119 that he would be happy to mail it to ya. Tell him Jeremiah sent you if you call and He'll know what ovwerflow box you want just bought mine like a week ago....