Some pics from today

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Please excuse the hair algae and bryopsis. I've been battling one or the other for a while. I'm hoping it's on its way out... at least it seems to be.

Clowns in their new home ... they moved from a hammer coral to a mushroom.

The new lawnmower blenny, currently in quarantine

Zoanthid rock that has colored up nicely. I think we paid $18 for it a while back. There are blues, greens and red & purple polyps on it.

Same rock, slightly different angle

Duncan, now with four or five heads

Watermelons (or eagle eyes... whatever) with lots of bryopis and algae

Orange Bam Bams and Nuclear Greens, and some blue snowflake clove polyps to the right (badly out of focus).

Last edited:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Green button polyps

Some nameless zoas that grow like crazy

Green leather, growing like a weed

Armor of God zoas, with some watermelons in the background, and some purple/green zoas in front. Last week, I couldn't see the ones in the front for algae.

Long polyp leather

Side view down the tank, with blue clove polyps and ORA green leather in the foreground

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Thanks for the comments!

Di0nysis
: I did raise the magnesium levels significantly in the tank, and it seemed to go away partially. Unfortunately, then the green hair algae took over. Now that the algae seems to be going away, I'm trying to remove manually, and see what happens. I may have to do a magnesium treatment (up to 1500ppm using Kent Tech-M for a few weeks) again.

Zoalover34: The FTS won't be until the tank looks less green and hairy. If I had a good shot, I'd be entering it for the POTM anyway :)

Joe Fish: I didn't buy those particular ones as Blue Tubs, although they do look similar. They were a lot paler, as far as I remember, when I bought them. I keep them fairly far down in the tank... about 3/4 of the way down.

di0nysus

Large Fish
Sep 9, 2007
sunnyside of california
i had a SSB and was thinking that was the cause of the bryopsis so im slowly making my tank into a Bare bottom. im just syphoning out sand with every water change i should be done with the next one. ive actually noticed a difference in the growth of the bryopsis its not growing as crazy as it would
so if that doesnt work i'll be raising my mag up in increasments to as high as 1800
best of luck with getting rid of yours i know its a BIG pain to get rid of
some people actually like the look in there tank:eek:

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
We're using a 8 x 54w T5 HO Tek fixture. I think when I took the pics only four lights were on (ballast blew - we got a replacement). We also have more daylight bulbs than we should (blown bulbs). I have to get a couple more blue/white bulbs in there for it to look better. Because we were away, I hadn't ordered them yet, but that's on my list for this week.