Somebody Stop Me

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Well I went in my LFS to get some more hermits and I walked out with a Yellow Cup Coral. Its pretty and the place that I have for it I think it will be neat. I sware everytime that I go to that store I come home with more than I inteaded!! Its worse than Walmart. :D lol. Anywayz, I hope to get pics soon.

O, the Hermits that I got are 2 Electric Blues and 7 (cause its by 6 inverts and get one :)) Red Legs.

*twirlysmi *twirlysmi *twirlysmi IM GOING....OR SHOULD I SAY I AM FISH CRAZY!!!*twirlysmi *twirlysmi *twirlysmi​

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Anyone have advice on the best things for my new coral??? I placed it so it has plenty of room to grow. It has practically the whole tank cause its pointing into the middle of the tank. Im going to try and get pics tomorrow. :D

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Feed it with whole mysis 3 times a week and stay on top of water quality. Should be easy enough. May take a few days to start expanding in daylight.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
If you were keeping a FO or FOWLR tank I'd say no, you could add a few more , depending on the sixe of the snowflake, but as a reef you're already going to be pushing it.

For more info on the cup coral check out the genus name Tubastrea

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks, but thats not mine. Its just the samething that I have. Mine is alot younger than the one pictured. Mine is still pretty flat, its just starting to develope. I cant post any pics right now cause I have no way to get them onto this computer so I used one from the internet. Thanks Salty. :D

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
No actually I did mean Tubastrea as that is what I commonly see called cup coral, and the yellow colour is typical for Tubastrea. Shows the problem with common names ....

However Turbinaria is also a nice coral, I have a nice green one. Big polyps, that need supplemental feeding with zoo plankton, and get them growing right they can get thro' calcium pretty quickly. They have a very heavy, robust skeleton , and that and the shape means they need some degree of water movement to do well, and especially to stop debris settling. But I think they're pretty easy to maintain, and not especially demanding of light.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks Wayne. I know what you mean about the sommon names now.*twirlysmi Thanks for the help. I have a water current direct that alternates the water flow from each side. I will keep my eye on it though and make sure that nothing settles on it. I noticed last night the one side is already starting to curl. I cant wait till it actually takes shape!! *SUPERSMIL Thanks again everyone.