Something big and weird

CJAC

New Fish
Jan 9, 2006
I have a 20 g tank with about 10 zebra danios. I was trying to think of something else to go with them. Im looking for something a little bigger maybe? Something that is just happy being on its own and something that the danios won't harras?

Not sure if this makes sence, but does anyone have any sugestions

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
dragonfish are always great but when they get bigger they need a much larget tank.

<----- this was my old one, not sure if he died from ich or eating a peice of gravel. but he was definitly a cool fish.

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
no i had mine in a community tank and he did great for about 6 months. he had a large white hard spot in his stomach when he died, but at the same time my tank had gotten ich. so im not sure what he died from it could have been either.i believe you can acclimate them to a brackish but im not 100% sure

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
well that is news to me, but then again i was going by what the local "fish expert" at petsmart told me. thank you for the info, i wasnt trying to sound like a know it all lol. i still would like to get another but my tank is full right now, and i dont think it would get along with my eel.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Spiny eels and peacock eels are not really eels (just eel-shaped fish), and they are really freshwater. There are actual freshwater eels as well, not sure if these migrate to brackish at some point.

How about a paradise fish or a gourami (a full size one, not a dwarf)? They are semi aggressive, and do fine with danios. Both get to about 4".

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
NO i know from first had experience there are freshwater eel, was swiming in a pond and had one wrap around my leg, i knew there were eels in the pond but didnt think they came to the surface, any how i refuse to go in water that i cant see the bottom now from that lol. and yes the pecock eel is not a true eel just a fish that look a lot like one.

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
i am traumatized for life, like i said i know have a fear of water that i cant see the bottom in. ohh and for another suggestion for a odd fish how about a few odessa barbs i love the coloration of them, dont know how well they would do with danios though.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Trouble with odd balls is..most of them are predators.

The knowledge that you have something that few people have seen let alone actually have is it's own reward IMO. Bah you don't need no stinking danios. LOL :p