Something is eating my xenia

Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
I had some pulsating xenia and it was doing real good,but monday when i got up and looked at my tank ther was a stalk of it missing..I thought nothing of it.Then i got up today and all of it was gone.I dont know if my fish ate it are what.I got a foxface,clown and a fire fish,but i do have 2 big crabs that was in the live rock when we got it.One of the crabs is real hairy and the other one,well i have only seen him one time.So what im getting to is what do you think at he xenia?

Apr 21, 2005
Houston Texas
1979camaro said:
a nudibranch of some sort which came in on the LR
What is a nudibranch?Its just strang becuase the xenia had ben in ther for 2 weeks and it was doing real good.It only happens at night.I know the foxface has eatin a coral befor but it was dieing.So i dont know if it was him are not.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
nudibranch refers to a wide variety of shelless invertibrates common in aquariums. if you do a yahoo search for it or look on wetwebmedia you will undoubtably find a lot more detailed info.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
xenia tend to unglue themselves, or split theirs "hands". Part of stress or reproduction. Found out that they are vulnerable when they're near to an aggressive coral. Mine was 6 inches away from a bubble but it seems the xenia was too close. Got 2 bad stalks...really wounded. I tough it was water quality..tested...everything's fine. Anyways if you have like LPS aggressive corals, you might wanna check. I read on wetwebmedia..other guys had this problem too.
Another thing. Xenia prefers salinity between 1.023 and 1.025.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
i dunno xenia is so indestructable...his water would have to be really terrible, i think the xenia would be the last thing to die in a tank...i am pretty sure that after a nuclear explosion only xenia and cockroaches would be left...god i hate xenia