Somewhat re-stocking my tank...

trailmule

Large Fish
Jan 2, 2008
Okay I had already posted that I was getting rid of the black neons and considering add 2 more female bettas.

Here is the updated version:

Getting rid of all 5 black neons
Replacing them with 4 male "feeder" type guppies I got today(they are fairly colorful for being in the feeder tank)
Keeping female betta and not adding any more. I think she has already established that the tank is "hers", although she is fine with all the other fish

So once the neons go tomorrow my tank will contain:

1 female betta
4 small male feeder guppies
3 pygmy corys
2 ottos
1 algae eating shrimp
unknown # of pond snails =)

Can I add to the group of corys? I know they do better in larger groups, but the three of mine don't seem to mind....

Thanks for the help!

-TM

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
34:09:39N, 118:08:19W
I wouldn't add anyone else. I think the cories will be fine. If everyone in the tank were just 1", you'd be overstocked. You're probably OK, but I wouldn't push it in a 10G (writes the guy with his own overstocked 10G tank ;)).

trailmule

Large Fish
Jan 2, 2008
I am planning on adding more plants anyways. I think the corys will be okay. If not I would have noticed by now.

Yeah I'm overstocked, but I am really good about water changes etc....

I'll leave it at that and only add plants from now one. I have 2 coupons for 30% off almost anything on Wednesdays, so a friend and I are going to the lfs tomorrow night to buy two more anubias plants that are different than the one I have now.... =) And my java ferns are kicking out plantlets....

Thanks for the opinions guys!

-TM