Space that needs filling

J@ke

Small Fish
Feb 10, 2007
KY
www.facebook.com
Hello all this is my first thread here. I’ve been checking out this site for some time but didn’t join until today. First off, it’s a great site and I’ve really enjoyed it. So, here is the question. I have a 20H with an aquaclear 150 filter. The tank has been set up for around four months. It has 6 white cloud minnows in it, that is all. I was wondering, if you had this set up what would you add to it.*GOLDFISH*

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
I would add some cories or kuhli loaches, and a pearl gourami or paradise fish (if the tank is very well covered). Maybe a cherry barb or 2 for color. But that's just me :)

J@ke

Small Fish
Feb 10, 2007
KY
www.facebook.com
Its Tropical, temp. staying at 72 F. I like the kuhli loach idea, however, I think my mom would never go into the livingroom again if I added it (she is terrified of snakes or anything even resembling them) A pearl gourami would be a very beautiful fish. Any other suggestions would be great :D

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I actually see my Khuli Loaches all the time. Maybe a pair of Rams, Ive got Bolivians and they are more hardy than Blues and they are pretty neat little guys. Why dont you look around on the net and see if there is anything that catches your eye, then come back here and run it by us. ;)

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
me too, my kuhlii loaches are ALWAYS out pestering something.
id say corys, maybe pandas. thier adorable and stay smallish.
and i like the gourami idea, maybe a dwarf or paradise fish. wouldnt try any gourami that gets over 4"
maybe a school of cardinal or neon tetras would be nice too. on a planted tank it would look nice.

and i think the cloud minnows are cold water

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
The white clouds can go either way. However, if you do want to go tropical and get more tropical fish, you will need to raise the temp to 78-80. 72 is too low for some of the fish mentioned here.

I agree, some type of dwarf gourami and some bottom feeders would make for a well balanced interesting tank. Personally, what I would do is a powder blue gourami, some ghost shrimp, and a small school of corycats, depending on the color of your gravel, albino or pandas would be nice. :)