Speghetti Worms...and pink, shiny things...

chelle

New Fish
Sep 9, 2006
Questions on Speghetti Worms...and pink, shiny things...

OK, I have had a freshwater tank for 14+ years so I thought lets try a saltwater tank...20 gal to keep it cheap and play a little game of trial and error...First I am loving the fact that I spent the extra money on cycled fiji live rock...the multitude of little creatures is astounding, I am finding new things everyday. The tank has been running for a month and a half, I put in a domnio damsel right away(as instructed by a salesperson at a local SW fish store), it died three days ago, but I have had a maroon clown for a week, and he is lively as ever...Here is the actual question/discussion...

I flipped over some of my rock(moved the tank to another room) I have noticed a plethora of feather-duster worms and the such, but today I found a long, speghetti looking worm, single tentacle but it stretched for almost a foot...I looked up what it could be, checked again on the worm, now it has four tentacles all over the place...so I assume it is a speghetti worm...are those good/bad???

NEXT question...I also noticed a bit of dare I say anenome looking material...granted it is small and flat now, but I think it resembles the pink rose anenomes I have fallen in love with in the fish store, I realize it probably isn't that...but hey one can hope for a free $100 creature can't they? any opinions on what the pink thing could be?

Thank you

Last edited:

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
well 1. Those are spaghetti worms,
2. I asume you mean a rose bubble tip? It is not a rose bubble tip, I know exactly what your are talking about, they are fairly common on fiji live rock, but I can not for the life of me remember what they are called. A picture would help confirm my ideas.

chelle

New Fish
Sep 9, 2006
so are the speghetti worms good or bad because we have found a couple more since my last post. As for the pink thing...it is semi transparent and I will try to get a decent picture of it. Let me know if ya think of the name of it. thanks
*celebrate

chelle

New Fish
Sep 9, 2006
I cannot find anything about manjano anenomes...could you help me out with some pix? But I do think it is bubble algae with coraline on it...I bought an emerald crab to munch it down, but he hasn't found it yet...lol