Spots on betta tail

xavier

Large Fish
Jan 20, 2008
I notice today that my betta has see-through spots on his tail.
The tail is still in one peace but its almost like someone rubbed a window into his tail.

Anyone ever have this happen??

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
My male betta once had a run in with one of my black skirts that ended pretty with two bited out of the middle of his tail.

Are there many of them?

If it's just one or two I would dose with melafix and keep an eye on the situation. If you have a QT you could put him there to heal.

xavier

Large Fish
Jan 20, 2008
there are two marks one the size of a betta eye the other would be the twice as big. There are no holes but like I said his red tail now has a very opaque window in the middle of it.

Last edited:

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Weird that it didn't go all the way through, is there any red or white around the edge of it?

It sounds like he got bit/caught still. Fin rot and other things that hurt betta fins usually start at the outside not the middle.

xavier

Large Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Yea its in the middle so I am guessing he somehow caught himself on something in the tank. Its not that bad right now, in fact its one of those things that if you don't stare at the fish tank 100 times a day you would never notice it.
And no there does not seem to be any white around the spot.
The only way to even know its there is to wait for him to swim in front of strong lighting and you can see where the light now kind of shines though.
He seem to be okay still swimming around the tank and is as friendly with the other fish as always.