'Stability'

May 30, 2008
Midland, MI
I went out and bought a product called 'Stability'. I added it to the tank as directed early yesterday morning. I checked the parameters later that night, as I am trying to cycle my tank, and ammonia - 0, nitrite - 0, nitrate - 10. Those numbers look good to me, but the tank hasn't been in cycling process for very long, barely a week. Is this product that good and is my tank ready? The bottle claims fish can be introduced shortly after adding the product, I am anxious to get going, but think I should wait a couple more days with treatments and tests to make sure.

brian1973

Superstar Fish
Jan 20, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
I dont know anything about that product but I have read that there are products that can cause false readings, if your reading are correct then you should be good. I would probably retest in 24hrs and see where your at. Then as lotus said continue testing after adding fish, I have used another product and had similar results.

May 30, 2008
Midland, MI
Sounds good to me. I will retest in the morning, and if everything looks good,ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate ? (whats a good range?), I will begin adding fish. I have researched a lot on the product and have found mixed reviews, however the majority were positive. I will continue treatment as directed on the bottle and let you know how it works out. Thanks for the feedback.

May 30, 2008
Midland, MI
Nitrate has been around 5-10ppm recently with ammonia and nitrite at 0. I checked the tank today and those two were still at 0, but nitrate jumped up to 20 and a bit darker, but not to 40. I did a 10g water change and will test in the morning. Good news though, all three fish have been transfered over to the 55g and are very happy.