starfish everywhere!

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i have a fairly new tank only been up for a month, i seen a tiny starfish after i got my tank set up and everything a few days later i noticed another one then a few days another one now i have just seen yet one more.. i have 5 tiny starfish now.. i know its not the same one in different places b/c i see them sometimes all at the same time on their different rocks and the one i found today is on the glass.. they are a light brown color and 2 of them have 6 legs and the one i found today has 7.. i seen a decent size white one but he only had 3 legs and i only seen him one time.. i wanna get a butterfly but the one i want says it may eat my starfish so i guess ill hold off on getting him.. does anyone else have these little guys all over ? i think its neat that they just show up like that.. find new stuff in my tank all the time and ive only had it up a month!

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
Yeah i find new things all the time. I wish I had that many starfish, i absolutly love them. I got a hitchicker of a brittle star.

I am not sure of how often or how fast they split but it could be possible that the starfish is splitting.

Also, if your able to keep starfish you might be able to add some actual fish in your tank as starfish are VERY finiky.

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
i do have a fish, a coral beauty.. im gettin a shipment of a clean up crew today, a pepermint shrimp and like 15-30 snails all different kinds.. going to be gettin another fish soon.. wanted to wait a few weeks after adding the first one to make sure she was ok.. thinking about gettin either a pair of clowns but i really want a yellow watchman but no one around here carries them and i don't wanna pay 30 bucks for shipping for 1 fish!