starfish trapped?

Sep 13, 2003
london
Visit site
i bought a blue starfish 2 days ago. got it home and left it floting in the bag for 25-30 mins like i allways do, let it out and it seemed fine. it was moving around the bottom and then up the glass like i think they are meant too do. then the next morning i looked in my tank and see that it nad got in too a hole in my ocean rock and it has not got out of it since. it seems to be moving but i dont know if it is trapped in their. if this has happend to anyone else i whould like too hear from you.

Attachments

Angelfish

Superstar Fish
Apr 14, 2003
Valencia, California.
Do you think you could reach in and pull it out? Its kinda hard to tell if its trapped or not but Im sure its better safe than sorry. Three days ago I had an angel get stuck in a structure - thought she was dying so I watched for a really long time when I realized she could simply be stuck - so I pulled her out and she began swimming around as normal.
From that experience Id say it could be best to pull the star out.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Keep a good eye out for any white patches or any other signs of poor health like dits breaking up and crumbling. Starfish are a bit falky to transport and 25 minutes of floating and letting it go is absolutely hopeless for acclimation, and especially getting the starfish used to new salinity and tank chemistry. These things are really sensitive, especially compared to fish

Navyblue

Medium Fish
Feb 24, 2004
Visit site
If it is still in the hole till this day...

Take it out asap and move it to hospital tank, it is dying from shock. And it get really stink really quickly (speaking from experience)

Star are very sensitive, and Blue linckia is probably the most sensitive among them. Acclimation for this species is extremely difficult and need lots of patience. Survivality record of this species is very poor.

Sep 13, 2003
london
Visit site
i bought a blue starfish 2 days ago. got it home and left it floting in the bag for 25-30 mins like i allways do, let it out and it seemed fine. it was moving around the bottom and then up the glass like i think they are meant too do. then the next morning i looked in my tank and see that it nad got in too a hole in my ocean rock and it has not got out of it since. it seems to be moving but i dont know if it is trapped in their. if this has happend to anyone else i whould like too hear from you.