Starfish

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to locate different species of starfish for my 55 gallon. What type of starfish does everyone have (if you do have) ?

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
My Star is about 12" in length and I have a 20g tank, but I do have 30+lbs of LR in there for him to hide and scavenge through. He has not bothered my scooter blenny but he has killed some of my snails and hermits. Actually he just took out one of my Olive Snail that I have had over 3 yrs. He trapped it in the corner of the LR and glass of the tank so the snail could not go anywhere and then chowed down for the next few hrs.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I have brittles too - they're a good idea.

The blue, other coloured linckias starve to death in small tanks, the choc chips are too destructive

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
woo...guppy newbe HES HUGE!

I am not sure what type I want to get, all I know is that my lfs only has the chocolate chip. I want to find one more colourful. Figure I have alot of time now so might as well do some research.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
wow, that is a huge brittle starfish. I have read that when they get bigger they will hunt fish. They hang on the rockwork and drop down on the unsuspecting fish and due to this they are not really reefsafe.....I know they are great scavengers and I wanted to get one.....but that fact sort of stalled me on it.

Stay away from andy sandsifting stars in a 55 as I think they are small to support their appetites......