Started Over!

SaltyDude

Small Fish
Jan 21, 2008
Houston
www.crowleysigns.com
okay. after reading up on all the information that has accumulated on this forum, i decided to " Start Over "*ALL*

my girl looked around Down town in Houston,and found this placed called the " gallery "

please people don't go to PetCo , PetsMart ect. u can if u have to but find a Specialty store....
i about died when i went back to PetCo , to get some premixed Ocean water, and saw the difference between a good store and a bad one...

i bought right at 25 lbs. of Fiji jive rock at 6.49 a lb. its not fully cured , but it has been curing for about 4-6 weeks they said.

i really didn't understand the importance of this on a saltwater tank if u are going down the live rock/coral road.

but now after reading and getting a handle on it i can see why*PEACE!*

Sea Clone 100 series
Protien skimmer
120 Gallons. " Over rated i think "

and i also bought a Penguin 1140 Submersible Power head " 145 GPH ", have not installed it yet still trying to figure out if i need it or not....

thanks for all the info ev1 that posted to my other thread. *PEACE!*

Last edited:

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
It might just be my personal opinion but I think if you added just a plain black background to the tank it would really help it look so much better once you get some fish or corals in there. Other then that it looks nice! I love the way your LR is shaped :D

alter40

Superstar Fish
Nov 26, 2007
Charlotte, NC
You don't need a filter with a tank like this. The filter will cause more problems then anything. Your live rock actually acts as a natural filter in a reef setup like this.