Starting a 10 gallon Reef tank

Fishman1995

Superstar Fish
May 11, 2010
North Carolina
Im setting up my 10 gallon empty tank as a Saltwater reef tank. I already have the filter. I need to know my fish possibilitys and invertibrate possibilitys. Id like to be able to keep a nice sized starfish that'd work with an Anenome and some fish that work with Anenomes. Im thinking i like the True Pecula clowns, Firefish, yellowtailed Damselfish, and the six line wraise. For invert's i like Hermit Crabs, Serpent Starfish and some snails to filter the sand etc. Can anyone shoot me any advice, i know this is going to take ALONG time to fix this thing up. Also can you make me a list of equipment i need, i know i need a powerhead and the thingy to read salinity

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Saltwater stocking is much lower than in freshwater. You can maybe stock two very small fish (an inch or less) or one fish that gets 2 to 3 inches. An anemone probably won't work, as they need more water than that to ensure good water quality.

You don't really need a filter, but you need a good powerhead and live rock. Also, if you plan on corals, you'll need some excellent lighting.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
yes, try reading the stickied threads in the SW section of our forum.
a 10 gallon tank will be a cool SW challenge but you must go into battle well prepared ;)

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
I had a 10g reef with a yellow tailed damsel and a clown along with a couple crabs and a few snails. Upgraded to a 29g this summer, with the same fish and other critters as mentioned. Minimal stocking is important in a 10g.