Starting A QT

Feb 28, 2005
Waterford, CA
OK now that I have the skimmer down and my tank is starting to recover from the dark depths of (bad word). I am ready to satrt a QT. I know I need a small tank(15 gal should work right, I will shoot for 10)

1-small powerhead
2-heater
3-any LR?
4-uhh, do I do small waterchanges
5-lights?

k, let me know :confused:
*PEACE!* *crazysmil *crazysmil *crazysmil *crazysmil

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
15 gal should work right, I will shoot for 10......

if you are asking if a 15 will work why you gonna shoot for 10? :confused:

just curious? LR only if yer not medicating....prob dont need any special lights

jump start it with some water from yer display tank

jammerz

Large Fish
Feb 28, 2005
Boise
no, use LR for a QT

do not use LR for a hospital or medicated tank...

If you just want to quarantine before putting livestock in yer display use a QT. If somthing gets sick use a hospital were talking about two different setups.

Unless you want to quarantine in yer hospital but dont put meds in a QT tank.... check out dbacksrat or aresgods post (cant remeber who) on their new quaratine policy....

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
you don't need multiple tanks...the QT and hospital can be the same. if you use LR to keep bacterial culture alive in the QT then you pull that and temporarily put it in your display while you medicate and until you clean out the QT tank really thoroughly. alternatively, you can get a little corner sponge filter for your QT and leave the sponge part floating in your sump/display until you are ready to add a fish to QT