Starting over after Iche

shooter

Small Fish
Dec 16, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
Well it's me again...well my tank was doing very well, thanks to all for your good advice. But one thing I didn't know about Iche! *thumbsdow I knew something was wrong when my Tiger Barbs stopped feeding. Then the white spots appeared and I got in here right away and asked what was going on. Every one said "treat for Iche right away!" I treated for a week and cranked the heat but one by one I lost 3 bala sharks, 5 Tiger barbs, & 1 Chinese algea eater. :mad: I was so dissapointed have not done anything with the tank since. The water level is down, filter shut off, heater boken and removed. The only survivor a chinese algea eater. Why is this last little guy not affected? Its been about 1 1/2 months and I am ready to try again. My question is should I tear down the whole tank and clean and cycle all over again or just add a few more fish and hope the Iche is gone? I still have the algea eater in the tank and he still seems healty. :eek: Please help.[

Last edited:

discus4everGrl

Superstar Fish
May 24, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
well if the filter has been shut off you are gonna need to cycle again and get a heater. I would imagine if there is no filter going that the tank is gonna be full of ammonia cause of the algea eater so it may be best to clean it out and use that algea eater to cycle the tank before you get more fish. Unless you buy all your new fish at the same time, you will need to quarentine to be sure no new one's have anything and kills the whole tank off again.