still clueless

Oct 31, 2005
kent
i no this will sound real dumb!should i turn lights off in my fry tank at night?and shoul i feed em 4 times a day or more?thanks to all 4 great advice. i have a lot to learn i know, but im tryin! sam

Oct 31, 2005
kent
? about babies

my fry ear guppies, born yesterday evening.apr 33 of them.also i have 2 more pregnant 1 i think due in about a week, the other due in 2.will i be ok keeping all 3 batch of fry together?thanks. i really appreciate all ur feedback guys! sam

Oct 31, 2005
kent
babies

well the plan is to sell them to lfs but i know how soft i am(ive been awake since 5am waitin to turn lights on to watch them)so my atruggle is going to be not falling in love and keeping them ALL!since getting hooked afew of my mates have caught the bug and bought tanks so il probably gift a few so i can visit them.am i the only nut who gets attached? sam

Sep 8, 2005
I feed my guppie fry 2 to 4 times a day. They get live baby brine shrimp and commercial fry food. I no longer separate my fry. Way too many fishes. I keep them in the tank they are born in which is heavily planted. I also delude myself into thinking my guppies only have twins from time to time. Its just easier that way. Step up your water changes. Its imperative. Good luck.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Be very careful with that addiction. 1 guppy tank for my wife has turned into 11 tanks 9 of them are in our bed room.

Yes turn the lights off at night. If you have them in with other adult gups be sure to have plenty of moss and hornwort for them to hide in less they become a guppy snack.

Feed 2 to 4 times a day for the fist month. Keeping the temp 82-84 degrees F will help speed up their growth rate. We do 10% water changes every other day. This also seems to help them grow faster.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Have you checked with your local stores to make sure they'll take them? Most stores, if they'll take them at all, they have to be an inch long first and I know that after awhile a lot of my guppy's didn't even get to be an inch long as adults. So much for that. I got so sick of having them that I ended up taking them to my lfs and giving them to them as feeder fish and only keeping a few males. Sure they're cute and the first couple batches of fry are fun to see them grow up :)