STINGRAY QUESTION QUICK!!!

cobra607

Small Fish
Oct 16, 2005
just bought a stringray(about 3-4inch diameter) riticulated stingray... have some African clawed frogs that are about 2-4inches, was wondering if they try and eat the tail... if the sting would kill them...

thanks

cobra607

Small Fish
Oct 16, 2005

150gallon for now, yes i know he'll get big, my question is would the STING kill the frogs if they tried to eat his tail(they dont have teeth so wouldnt hurt him but have attendency to go on eating sprees and shove anything wormlike in aka a tail)

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
You can clip the stinger off. If the ray is small use a pair of fingernail clippers, if it's large you can use a pair (clean) dykes. I've seen this done, it doesn't harm the fish in any way. i believe the stinger is made of similar substance as our fingernails. Any how it can be clipped and it will grow back.

Rays are one of the most difficult fish to keep, they require specific foods, as well as certain water conditions. Soft acidic water to be exact, and do not do very well for long in anything else.

i will say you have a taste for cool fish! Keep us informed on how it goes.

Jan 27, 2004
Nipomo CA
Wow sting rays, Clawed frogs, puffers, moray eels quite a collection you have.

I would deffinatily watch the frogs even if they scratch stringray it could get infected and so on.

I dont know if you are dead set on the frogs if you not that much i would get a different tank or something if the stingray means more to you