Stocking List

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
Okay... so this is what I am thinking.... PLEASE ANYTHOUGHTS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!

1 Marble Seastar
15 Snails (not sure what type yet)
3 Shrimp
1 Blue Hippo Tang
1 Yellow Tang
2 Percula Clownfish
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Blenny (another one, can't quite name him but always at the petstore)
1 Pearscale Butterfly (maybe)
1 Coral Beauty angelfish (Maybe)

Specs are
55 gal tank, set up last saturday
about 35 lbs live rock (more to come, hopefully tonight)
Saline Solutions Hooked on Protein Skimmer 30,
Marine Land Penguin 350 B Power Filter
Aquarium Systems Maxi Jet 900 (Gonna buy another one so i will have 2)
Aquarium Systems Maxi Jet 600 (hooked up to skimmer)
Instant ocean Salt mix
Marine land air master pump 100

Think thats all the specs for now.

Anyone got some fish that you think would go well. Trying to figure out stocking options.

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
oops sorry Pearlscale Butterfly. Really hippotang is no good. (dang it!) How come? is it due to the size of the tank or will he go after everything. I can pass on the yellow tang, wasn't sure if I wanted him all that much, and blenny's will fight.

stupid contradictory internet! sorry, letting out some frustration.

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
Hippos need more room for swimming than a 55. I'd say a 125 would be good for a hippo. Yellows are OK in a 55, but definitely want something bigger if possible. Blennys will only fight with eachother, don't worry about their aggression. The Pearlscale Butterfly (Chaetodon xanthurus) will eat your corals, and should be provided a bigger tank than 55, IMO. The coral beauty angel has a 50/50 chance at nipping at corals.

There are many interesting gobies, wrasses, basselets, etc. that would be nice in your tank.

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
Dang it... I am writting a letter to every internet website that i went to that said they would all be (1) good together in a tank and (2) that they would all be good in a 30 gal. Rasberrys!

Okay... so far the clowns are doing good, and no one said anything about the starfish. I can live with that.

i am going to check out the other fish you mentioned kevin, What would anyone recomend for a eye catcher? My husband wanted a lion fish but we quickly changed our mind (when I say our, i mean my) when we realized that no other fish would be able to go into the tank.

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
Six Line Wrasses are cool, and VERY active. They will find holes in your rock you didn't know existed. Any fairy or flasher wrasse, really.

A dwarf lionfish would be okay, if you don't mind not having shrimp in your tank.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I agree with Kevin....wrasse such as a fairy or other smaller wrasse would be good, what about an orchid pseudocromis...even , bite my tongue, a small group of blue/green chromis or what about a cardinal, flame hawkfish or others.....

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
I found it, my post I made awhile ago...these will work in your tank.

Clowns, gobies (any), firefish, small wrasse, small dwarf angel (coral beauty, flame, fireball, cherub), basselets (royal gramma), cardinals, damsels (some ppl like em), chromis (nice color under high light), blenny, pseudochromis, or a small hawkfish.

You have a large range of small fish to choose from.

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Scratch damsels off above list (they are not good with anything other than other damsels). A yellow or kole tang would also work, the rest of the tangs get too big. I've heard horror stories of sixlines that either didn't like other fish or didn't like inverts... but any of the fairy wrasses would be great. They are so awesome, and peaceful with everything.

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
Thanks so much guys! This makes things alot easier on determining which fish to get.

Actually I saw the Flameback angel and I LOVE HIM!!!!! I am definitely going to add him to my list!