Stocking Question

cpatval

Small Fish
Aug 3, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Hello again. Here's what i got...55g tank with 4-Angelfish, 1-Suncatfish, 1-Pictus Catfish. I would like to add 2-Pearl Gouramis and 6-Boesmani Rainbow fish. The tank is already cycled and parameters are a-okay. My question is how many fish can i add at a time and how long should i wait between each new addition?

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the previous help that I've gotten. This is the best forum I've ever be involved with!

cpatval

Small Fish
Aug 3, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
CORRECTION: I have already added the 2-Pearl Gouramis. I added them both to the tank at the same time 2 weeks ago. How soon could I safely add the 6 Rainbow fish?

(sorry for my mistype!)

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
If your hesitant to add the fish all at once (Im assuming because of possible mini cycle problem or such) just monitor the readings following the release. If you see a noticble rise in ammonia go for a water change and justy monitor it until it subsides. But you should have no problems adding the 6 rainbows.

cpatval

Small Fish
Aug 3, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Ha! No, that's no Great Dane, she's a 50 pound terrier mix (found her on the street so I have no hard evidence on what breed she really is) Although I'd say she's nowhere near the size of a horse she does prance around like a pony at times. :) Her name is Dingo, by the way.