stocking question?

sunnymittu

Large Fish
Jun 7, 2008
india
HERE IS A COPY OF MY PLAN
PLEASE SUGGEST YOU GUYS..UND..GURLS
project nano reef 20x15x19....72W light..2 dc fan...INTERNAL skimmer..INBUILD SPONGE FILTER..100W HEATER
STARTED ON 22 NOVEMBER 2008
blue damshel
3 spot damshel
sweetlips
file fish
tank is infested with ich
using AQUA PHARM CURE ich medicine(IN DISPLAY TANK)*DRUMMER*
ALREADY USED 250 ML OF MEDICINE
ONE CAPFUL=6ML
DOSAGE PRINTED=1 CAPFUL PER 36L FOR TEN DAYS
09jan-4 capful-done
10jan-4 capful-
11jan-4 capful-
12jan-4 capful-
13jan-3 capful-
14jan-3 capful-
15jan-3 capful-
16jan-3 capful-
17jan-2 capful-
18jan-2 capful-
19jan-2 capful-
20jan-2 capful-
21jan-1 capful(clean filter)
22jan-1 capful-
23jan-1 capful-
24jan-1 capful-
25jan-1/2 capful-
26jan-1/2 capful-
27jan-1/2 capful-
28jan-1/2 capful-
50% water change------------------------------------------------------50
put 3 bags of activated carbon
wait for week(till 5 jan)
test for amonia,nitrite(if zero-good)(not zero add 2 capsules of live bacteria)+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
do 25% water change---------------------------------------------------25
keep temp stable TILL 32 C
if ich does not show up till 12 jan(buy 2 maroon clown)(clean filter)
do 25% water change---------------------------------------------------25
add 2 maroon clown(size small)to QT tank
wait 2 weeks(add on display on 28 feb)
do 50% water change(clean filter)-------------------------------------50
add clown
wait a week
7 march-test for amonia.nitrite(if zero good-if not add 2 capsules of live bacteria)++++++++++++++++++++++++++
SLOWLY DECREASING TEMPRATURE TO 27 C
do 25% water change(if nessasary)--------------------------------------25
8 march-add 3 nassarius snail+3 trochus snail+1 cerith snail
wait a week
15 march-add 2 dwarf blue leg hermit crab+1 anemone crab
25% water change--------------------------------------------------------25
wait a week
22 march-scarlet cleaner shrimp+pepermint shrimp++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
wait a week
29 march-add 2 feather duster
25% water change--------------------------------------------------------25
wait a week
5 april-add 1 clam++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
wait a week
25% water change----------------------------------------------------------25
11 april-add 3 scallop+bubble anemone+tenticle anemone++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
wait 2 weeks
26 april-add star fish++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
wait a week
3 may-add mushroom coral++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
wait two weeks
18 may-add dwarf angel fish(after 2 WEEK QT)+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
wait one month with less food waste
then add corals in june
before adding coral(40% water change)
add slipper,frogspawn,hammer coral
each 10 days of time(with weekly 25% water change)(test for amonia,nitrite weekly)
july 1-add bubble coral
21 july-add kenya tree
do 50 % water change
15 august-add flower pot coral+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
50% water change
sept 1-add button polyps
50% water change
that IT!!!!!

....THE QUESTION TO ALL YOU PEOPLEIS
HOW MANY SNAILS...HOW MANY CRABS..HOW MANY FISHES SHOULD BE THERE
I HAVE ALREADY 4
HOW MANY CORALS CAN I KEEP
PLANTS
THE MAIN CONCERN IS I HAVE A FILE FISH:eek:
SHOULD I KEEP HER OR RETURN HER BACK
BEOUSE OF THE FUTURE OF MY TANK
ABOVE IS JUST AROUGH IDEA
PLEASE SUGGEST SHOULD I GO MORE SLOW
I CANT WAIT MUCH THOUGH*celebrate

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
The stocking speed should be ok with that schedule BUT you should do one thing different. Don't buy *anything* until the ich is gone for at least a month... Also assuming the water tests OK by then. So what I'm saying is keep that schedule, just push it back. Are those dimentions in Inches or Centimeters? There could also be issues with lighting depending on that. Especially with a Clam and Anemones.

Also if you are thinking of corals you are right, the file fish is no good. I wouldn't suggest the flowerpot either, there are 2 types (basically) one is from the genus Gonopora and the other is Alveopora. The first has a horrible track record even for advanced aquarists. The Alveopora is also difficult, I would try to maintian a tank for a year or more without serious problems before trying them.

Don't waste your money on the bacteria. It's all around you and will make it into the tank eventually by it's self.

To say much about what you asked at the end I need to know those dimentions.

Chris

sweetpickles7

Superstar Fish
Feb 13, 2007
Central Illinois
You are already overstocked with fish as it is. Your sweetlips will get very big. I honestly dont want to say more cause ill probably just go off. Making a SW tank takes alot of time and you need to be patient and research EVERYTHING! and once you think youve researched enough....do it some more.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
You've got to be kidding? I would comment but you don't seem to really heed any advice anyway so why waste my breath.

No anemones, no clams, (your light is not strong enough) no more fish you are already maxed for that size tank. No starfish especially sand sifting as they will starve. pick your corals carefully.....

sunnymittu

Large Fish
Jun 7, 2008
india
dimensions are in inches
height is 15 inches approx(is the light not enough)(36wX2)
11 inches breath(excluding inbuild filter)
how much live rock should be applied
willing to add on 10 march(as need to cure them and wait for 8 weeks..as a precaution for any parasites)(tell me the weight)
as far as flowerpot... i ill reconsider them last to my edition
i want to add some crabs(can i do it now...will my medicine will hv no ill effect on them + the amonia is not stabling...(any suggestions)
what about snails
as my tank is ich infested(i want to ask)(does all inverts come with parasites...including snails,crabs,anemones,corals...please describe)
if they do how to eliminate them before adding to display tank
i want starfish badly(any suggestions....my tank got algae...i heard we can feed them directly to their mouth)
and want to say that to all those great people who tried to helped me get rid of ich that(this post is regarding bout the future of my tank not present...not buying until ich is gone ....and will QT before any new additions)(should crabs ,snails,anemone,corals need to be QT BEFORE ADDITION)

zoalover34

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Kent, OH
Any healthy fish shouldn't have parasites at all.. Your light isn't strong enough for a anemone or a clam as stated.. You need to have 1lb of rock per gallon of water.. Don't put a starfish in that tank either b/c they will starve and die.. As far as the algae you can add snails to take care of that issue.. Also as stated I don't know why i bother typing b/c you seem to do what ever you want anyways

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
SO in addition to the above, I would definitely sell the sweet lips... and probably not go with a maroon clown either. Your tank is only 25 gallons so that REALLY limits what you can do with it... Really you should be looking at small fish like no more than a few inches at most (FULL GROWN) if you want a few of them or one slow, bullet proof, medium fish. Like say a frogfish or a dwarf lion. They will eat shrimp and the frogfish will *try* to eat anything it *thinks* will fit in it's rather large mouth including hermits and snails (trust me... found that one out the hard way)

Probably your best bet is take some suggestions for different species that could go in your tank (the above 2 would be mine ;) ), research them, and make a choice.

Chris

Chris_A

Large Fish
Oct 14, 2008
So what species of dart fish? most will get much larger than 1" and the dwarf lion will eat it... the smallest ones I know of are 5-6" full grown.

If you MUST look at a starfish (not a good idea at all) look at the Chocolate Chip star... but they are *not* reef safe. but it is easy to feed them bits of squid, shrimp, clam and fish.

No matter what, the Flowerpot is not a good idea. Remember what I said in one of my earlier posts? Even advanced aquarists can't keep them alive long.

Would you like me to post the scientific names? That way you could search for info from your region. Maybe these things have different common names there. Do you mind if I ask what area of India you are from?

Chris