Stocking Suggestion for 50g

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
Greetings All- I need some assitance with stocking my 50g tank. I have a False Perc in the tank and will be taking delivery of a dwarf lionfish this weekend. I will also be adding a Saddle Valentini a few weeks after the dwarf lionfish. I am obviously looking for this tank to be a FOWLR tank.

I was thinking of a yellow tang but the tank seems too small although it is 4' across. Maybe a Foxface, although that needs about 70g.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. -Matt

quaddity

Large Fish
Feb 25, 2007
Mesa, AZ
www.myspace.com
I wouldn't put a Yellow Tang in a 50g. Just not enough room for it to be happy. My 90 gallon is 5' and I'm pushing it with the tang in there just because they swim constantly. Even at night mine is swimming the length of the tank.

MatthewLaw

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2008
PA
the false perc (SASSY) is pretty large and would not be a victim under the dwaf lionfish's 'mouth rule' the valentini wont get large enough to eat the false perc either.

what do you say taht the tank will be maxed out with the 3 fish?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
The fish you have save the clown are messy eaters who produce a large amount of waste......the size rule for the lion would limit you to a largish fish and in a 50g.....that would make the choices slim so that being said there are not many fish you can add that would be suitable. Most that would be happy in a 50g are smaller and will be food for the lion, hence my comment. sorry I wasn't very clear