Stone vs Coraline Epoxy

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
This is a question for those who have used the coraline or grey stone colored epoxy's (preferably both but if not its cool) and could elaborate on whether it made a noticable difference. I was going to just get stone grey (as it is the cheaper of the too, less money for 2 extra ounces) I really dont feel the need to pay the extra money for the coraline as I dont think I will ever be seeing it (for rockwork and coral placement...) I just wanted to see anyone elses take on it and see if it actually is noticable..

Second thing I wanted to throw out there was whether or not the epoxy (specificly AquaStik) or any coral glues in general can be used to sump work with possible glass to glass glueing? Can the coral epoxies be used for sump glass compartments?

Any help is appreciated. Recently have only been using rockwork and reliing on corals rocks for placements so its about time...

Dec 21, 2005
st. louis area
at first I used it in tank because the directions say that it can be done that way and I didn't want to remove the lr from the water. Later I used out of the water method but I it didn't work much better. It stuck to one piece but not the other.
Am I the only one with this problem.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
yea Im interested to see others perspectives as well. I will hold off on order but unfortunetly I have other things in the order I need so hopefully others see this thread hah

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
get the other epoxy they offer, the green one, it works fine, takes a little experimenting...wouldnt trust it for glass compartment gluing, use an industrial adhesive and allow to dry out of water, should be fine.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
alright this sounds good. I figured this stuff wasnt going to be compatible for glass work (which I think I already knew I just wanted it too but it doesnt matter sump work is down the road)

I think Ill try the green stick first and see how it does. I feel like the aquastick has some issues with bonding and I might as well try this one first and worst comes to worst I have to get the other one.

thanks for the help guys..

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
these epoxy putties are tricky, they don't really stick to wet rock well. I found that if I put a glob of it on my frag plug then poked this into a crack it hardens under water it just doesn't stick under water. I works well for cementing frags into cracks etc. I don't consider it a glue as it doesn't bond the way say superglue gel does. Even that I haven't had success with under water. I use the green&white tube that you knead until uniform in colour then apply.....works okay and even if it is white the coraline covers it in no time........