strange critters

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
Has anyone had these tiny oval organisms cling to their aquarium walls? These look like see thruough ovals the size of a sesame seed and dont really move. I've noticed that they appear when the weather and water temps rise above normal. When it cools down, they disappear. Are they some sorta parasite or worm? Are they baby snails?

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
really? I have a heavilyplanted tank and I did remove one snail awhile ago. I thought there was only one since I havent seen any more since then. Maybe it dropped off some eggs before I got rid of it?

Do baby snails have shells? These critters seem to be soft with no shells...

Jan 17, 2005
Dundee, MI US
Visit site
I've had those same things in my tank for about 6 months, my tank is planted and I inject C02. They don't seem to bother anything so I just leave them be until I clean the glass of my tank. Wish I could tell you what they are but I've been searching since they first showed up to find out what they are and have had no luck.

Grymatta

Large Fish
May 16, 2005
yeah i usually scrap them off the sides of my tank when I clean it every week. I touched a few and they felt crunchy when i crushed them with my fingers. I only see them on the tank walls and they dont seem to move.

does anyone know what they are?