Strange disease

dt007

Small Fish
Jul 21, 2009
I went on a brief vacation near the end of August and came back to find a really sick neon tetra with white patches and a bent spine, and another one who's in a similiar condition to a lesser extent. They both seemed to suffer terribly so I had to euthanize them, but 6/8 of the remaining tetras have white patches too, on the red stripes near the tail. I asked my LFS and they seemed to think it was a fungus so I treated them with API Fungus Cure as they told me. One of them, the least affected of the 6, seems to be cured, while the remaining five showed to signs of improvement, but neither did it get worse.
Its been months and they have very, very slowly been getting worse. Strangely though, the rummy-noses and otos appear totally unaffected by this disease, and the 3 unaffected neons have remained so. I don't know what to do with the sick neons. I think it might be NTD, or some other really difficult-to-cure disease. Any suggestions for a cure? Or do I really have to euthanize all five eventually? :(
I'll upload a few pictures soon when I get the camera.