strange goings on

2e0raf

Large Fish
Feb 23, 2005
Preston UK
hi

was looking at my tank the other nite to notice this tiny creature stuck to the side of the glass it had a sucker like mouth and it looked like it was coiled up. also at the other end of my tank near the gravel there are these what look like dandilion sead only much smaller attatched to the side of the tank. you can only uust see them but thay are there.

what are thay????

btw i have a 10 gal tank

2 algey eaters
2 guppies 1 male 1 femail
3 platies 2 malw 1 femail juvinile
1 glowlight
4 neons

oh and my tank is mederatly planted

derajer

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2005
Ankeny, Iowa
It could possibly be a Hydra. These are related to jellyfish and come in many different colors. They can stretch out to almost 3/4" or squish down to almost nothing. They are generally harmless but have been accused of eating fry in some tanks. They look kinda like this up close:

if that doesn't show up then

my attachment should

Attachments

2e0raf

Large Fish
Feb 23, 2005
Preston UK
thay look like very tiny versions of them... where the hec would thay have come from.

sri cannot post pics as am using the works inet connection (thay think im workin ha) :D

nikon70

Medium Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Visit site
i had those before not hydra but some wierd tiny worm things like from 5cm to 2cm in length, they are only about a mm in width but were on the glass, i found raising the temp to 28deg got rid of them, they also appeared just before my fish got ick if thats anything to do with it ... maybe not.

made sure i cleaned the gravel after too just in case and a WC.