Strange

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Okay I saw something strange this morning. I have a sally lightfoot crab that has been in my 75g for about 6 months, no problems. This morning I am looking and I see sally on top of a rock. She is covered in hair algae......on her pinchers and a bit on her back. The strange thing is, I don't have any hair algae anywhere that I can see in my whole tank......soooo where did this come from? She looks funny, all hairy and alll......the strange things I see.....

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
probably picked a little up somewhere in the tank; your other cleaners or the SL clean it off the rocks and such but can't clean it off him/her i have a couple hermit crabs whose shells have some hair algae but like yours, my tank doesn't have any

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Yes and he probably doesn't sit still long enough for the tang to take care of it. I suppose the tang must be eating it elsewhere. I would think he would lose it when he molts. Though I don't think I have ever seen him molt. who knows, he seems happy and scurrys around alot I am sure he is well fed and when he is hungry he can snack on his arm