Stress coat habitat

May 30, 2008
Midland, MI
Hi all, I am online shopping and found some good deals on all the stuff I need. I am looking to buy a gallon of dechlorine/chloramine and found this Stress Coat Habitat for a decent price. What is the difference between the 'habitat' and regular Stress Coat. I noticed that 'habitat' has aloe in it, is that the only difference and is aloe good. Would I be better off just using Start Right instead of Stress Coat for this application? Thanks for input and responses.

Chip

ishar

MFT Staff
Jul 27, 2007
Hamilton, ON.
When it comes to adding chemicals to the water, my policy is "don't". Stress coats and pH balancers and anti-algae and blah blah blah. Stay away from it all. It just causes problems down the road and your fish should be fine without it. Especially that stress coat stuff- it leaves a sort of film in the water and your fish really don't need this stuff. Maybe grab a small bottle for the possibility of a quarantined fish that had its fins or scales damaged, but other wise I wouldn't touch the stuff- especially not a gallon

I know this is not really answering your question, but I am sure you could ignore it if you choose to :p

Dec 26, 2008
Well, I use Stress Coat... Is it bad?

It has always worked for me but if other people are saying otherwise I suppose I should stop using it.
Sorry to hijack but is stress coat bad?

Thanks and sorry.