structure for rock formations

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
so for my live rock, will it just stack on top of each other? do i need to silicon it together? i want to cover most of the back of my tank---stacked kinda high for my 29 gallon......with a couple inches in the back for the heater and powerheads

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Keep a couple inches behind for cleaning too. In answer to question 1 - I have no idea - try it and see. I stuck mine together with milliput, or superglue gel is good too. Zip ties? Reef mastic? Use what ever, just make sure it ain't wobbly.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
im using black plastic zip ties...with enough finessing you can get them arranged so that you cant see the ties...I fully respect Wayne, and I fully admit he is way more knowledgeable than me, but I wouldnt "use what ever"...make sure it isnt toxic before you stick it in there...a lot of epoxies and glues are not safe for animals (or humans) if exposed to them...i would try something from the LFS for aquariums before I got some glue from Home Depot

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
By what ever I mean use the list described. Zip ties, milliput, reef adhesives (obviously) and super glue gel are all tried and tested. I agree with camaro if you haven't heard a glue is good , don't put it in - some of them are awfully toxic.