Submersible heater

blue_ram

Large Fish
Jun 21, 2008
Florida
I bought a jager (eheim) heater and submersed it and then read the instructions which say to not submerse it as it is only partially submersible. Is it ruined now, or can I still use it. The instructions say to let it completely dry if it does fall in the tank but doesn't say if it can be used again.

Thanks

blue_ram

Large Fish
Jun 21, 2008
Florida
Thanks,

I left it out overnight and is all dry and doesn't appear to have any water inside the tube. I assumed that because it didn't have the hang on part that it was fully submersible like my others. I guess I should RTM before I add things to my tanks :)

Whiskers

Large Fish
Feb 29, 2008
central Michigan USA
I like marineland heaters myself. they are fully submersible and the ones i've bought have a easy to read thermo setting and of course i have a thermometer at each end the tank too just incase. i think the last one i bought was a 300w for about $30 to $35 at a pet store. i don't do much shopping online but i'm sure that someone that does might be able to find it a little cheaper.

blue_ram

Large Fish
Jun 21, 2008
Florida
I am going to turn it on tonight while I can watch to make sure it works. After the last air conditioning episode with a 60 degree house and a dead cichlid, I want to make sure the 40g temperature stays stable.

Mercury

Large Fish
Jun 11, 2008
Illinois
I just bought a 100w marineland because my old topfin didn't give you any numbers, and setting it by trial-and-error in a bucket with a termometer didn't work. The marineland heated the tank evenly remarkably fast and I am very satisfied with it. (The 300w was just 3$ more but I figured I would save more money by reducing unnecessary power costs)