Suggestion 4 fish similar 2 silver-tipped shark (shark catfish)

I want to find a fish that my husband will like. We were at petco just looking and he really like the silver-tipped shark aka shark catfish. have the long wiskers and looked very active swimming all over the place.

Does anyone know of something similar? Because this fish can get 2 feet long!

This is our setup

46G bowfront,

lightly planted with peices of driftwood,

6 xray tetras
1 bolivian ram
1 kribensis
3 otos
1 ADF (african dwarf frog)

Will probably get 1 Angel Fish, but waiting to do that last.

Thanks for any ideas!

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
A Pictus would not be a good idea with all of your little fish. Pictus cats have very large mouths and will easily eat all of you little guys. And they definately get bigger than 5", more like 8"so a 2-3 inch fish would be easy to eat.

thanks guys. I don't really want my fish eaten. :) Looking at the yoyo's it looks like they like a sand substrate, and mine is regular aquarium gravel.

The other problem with those, is that I would like to get some fish for the med level of the tank, not bottom. The two cichlids I have are mostly at the bottom, and I'm thinking I should probably not get too many more for down there, and if I were to get loaches, I would need to get several: right?

Well. I will check out the rainbow or red-tailed shark. would they be alright having the ADF and the tetras? I'm not really dying to keep the tetras, but at least they add something to the top of the tank. Not that I want them picked on or anything. ;)

Last edited: