Suitable tub for mixing

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I'm going to be doing 50% water changes every week while curing some live rock. Would a rubbermaid toote that holds say 25gal be sturdy enough to mix in? I just realized I don't have anything to mix that much salt in.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
question 1 : Yeah a rubbermaid is perfect.
question 2 : No, but not a lot..even tough it's porous, some air we be trapped inside and well...it's a rock.
question 3 : your choice..try different patterns, check if it's solid..play with it to create caves for little fishies.
question 4 : Well when you check LFS they have water just over their live rock containers and it seems to work. There's no obligation to fill your tank completely

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
Thanks a bunch. Now that I have live rock coming in 2 days i'm realizing a couple things I should of thought of before I started. I think once I get the toote thinger I should be ok. I think i'm going to cure the rock in the rubbermaid tub I can just put my powerheads, skimmer, and heater right in there. I can just drain my tank into the tub ( because I have gravit working with me) to cover the rock and use the existing water for water changes until I run out then I'll make more. Then once i'm done curing I can move it back to the display tank. I sure hope it turns out.

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
At first I thought it was broke then I noticed an air bubble on each side of the arm. I put more in. The rest of the 50 gallon bag, which is supposed to be for 50 gallons of water. I think... I'll give it until tonight before I test. Then I'll test again tomorrow.