sump pic request

statman

Medium Fish
Nov 3, 2004
iowa
Visit site
My tank stand has two small compartments on both sides where i currently have rena canister filters in, and the the middle section is open. I really dont have any place to hide a sump on this tank as my only options look to be either sitting it beside the tank or in the wide open space on the stand.

Does anyone else have a situation that makes the unable to hide their sump? If so can you post some pics please?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
K, with that water level in your sump are you not worried about it overflowing if the power goes out due to back siphon? I have mine only about 2/3 full as I flow back acout 3 gallons when the power goes out. Or is that what that black bucket on the right hand side is for? If so how does that water re-enter once the power is back on?

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
well i bought the 33g already drilled, and to the right there's a plastic trashcan, where the return pumps are. Water from the tank come from the left, behind the skimmer, then into the trashcan.
This is where the water level changes...but, the missing 3 gallons of the sump means that if there is a shortage, the water level will not overflow because the trashcan have the volume. I Paid the 33g 10$ so it's not luxurious.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
your tank is looking great.....sump looks good too.....I think mine is a mess. Lots of cyano in the sump as there is not much flow but I have no cyano in the main display....better in the sump I say.

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
i had cyano in the sump when i used 40w fluo 10000k...with a super cheapo standard 21w pc bulb from home depot, i have none. Ok also i changed the ro-di cartridges, it really helps. This is kinda my TDS meter..cyano ? Oh well time to change ro-di ;)
Cyano free since may

KahluaZzZ

Superstar Fish
Jun 12, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
in the container, a tupperware with holes, there is the skeleton of a plate coral that my coral beauty ate..wanted to recycle it, so i've fragged some new types of yellow centered button polyps and put it in there, where the light is stronger to develop 'em quickly.