Sump/refuge and return setup help

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Alright i received my return pump today so i figured i would get to start tomorrow or over the weekend but i wanted to know what way should i do my sump/refuge and return i bought 3 12x10in glass sheets but i can always buy more if i end up needing it. also what type of lighting should i buy for the 10g sump/refuge. Thanks!
BTW if you got any pictures or sketches you have of your sump or return set up will help.
Thanks again,
Nick

Last edited:

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
Well it depends what you want to grow doesn't it? If it's algae, then as much kight as possible in the 5K to 6500 K arnge,but if it's a plain dsb, pods , whatever, nothing is needed, and may be actively unhelpful.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Nice where did you order them from? i'm not sure if it's more common at different times.
anyways i bought some PVC glue and want to MAKE SURE IT'S SAFE TO USE!!! Please tell me what you know or heard if this is safe,
Oatey Pipe Joint Compound it says use on water, steam, natural and oxygen, fluorine or molten metal lines. Please i want to make sure before i even think about using it.
Thanks again guys
Nick

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
oh yea i forgot you can buy his stuff. i just was reading about it and it seems safe also sent the company a email asking if it was drinking water safe and stuff i mean if you click the link and look on the right it says is cold&hot water safe so kinda makes me think they use it for sinks and showers (that's gotta be safe...)
http://www.blazemaster.com/Brochures/Great_White_PJC.pdf
Thanks

Panther28

Superstar Fish
Jun 7, 2006
Fremont, CA 94536
saltwater4life said:
oh yea i forgot you can buy his stuff. i just was reading about it and it seems safe also sent the company a email asking if it was drinking water safe and stuff i mean if you click the link and look on the right it says is cold&hot water safe so kinda makes me think they use it for sinks and showers (that's gotta be safe...)
http://www.blazemaster.com/Brochures/Great_White_PJC.pdf
Thanks

What kind of plumbing did u get? Did you get the threaded one? If yes then the glue is ok. If you have slip on plumbing then the glue wont work for it. I don't know if you read the pdf file but this is what it say's
"non-separating
thread sealant compound designed to seal threaded connections against leakage due to internal pressure."