Sump

Feb 8, 2006
Vancouver,British Columbia
I have a 55g tank (Dimensions 48 x 12½ x 21) I am wondering do I need to 'drill' my tank to get a sump put in?or is there a way to do a sump without drilling a hole, and if there is, can someone link me to a DIY place..? if anyone knows..?

Thanks...

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
If possible I think it would be much more convenient. When I upgrade to a new tank I will have mine drilled. Since I do not have a way to do that now, I'm not going to drain it, so my next project is setting up an overflow using just like what Rush07 posted. I heard good reviews about the CPR ones. They use a water pump to make sure the syphon doesn't break.

Feb 8, 2006
Vancouver,British Columbia
Just seems rather pricey, I might go and check out bringing my tank some where i can get it drilled because even if I go FW in the future after my saltwater I can still use a sump I think it'll be better off for the tank if it is drilled with a sump.

Why did i post a question if it seemed like i already had an answer... umm I guess for reconfirmation fo my own.. lol

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I guess then your option is to try to drill it yourself and see what happens or buy an overflow or diy....there are many plans on the internet just google it.....

Always happy to see another fellow BCer and Vancouverite on here....... :)