SW Update with some pics

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Well everything is going well, I'mm adding 4ish pounds of cured fiji a week. The hatien moved to a spot behide the large limestone and got no light and died. I was miffedd as he seemed to be really healthy. So far the sebea and the condy are getting along.. I'm affraid of chemical warefare so have been changing out the carbon about 1 or 2 weeks. Still having some issyes with diatoms, but not bad, I'm seeing red and green corolin grow on the large peice of limestone that is asking as a bas. At this point I really have no clue how I'm going to lay this thing out. Here are some pics so suggestions are welcomed....yes yes yes lots more live rock is on the way, i'm trying to keep it all around the size of a soft ball, and may even use some slate to provide some over hangs. We will see.

Now on with the pics. You must fogive the low light levels as this is the morning wake up light I use, the CF hasn't clicked on. That light is the 60W ballest on a 20W bulb. :D
Tank shot

OK What the hell is this
The green and orange stuff it started to swell once in my tank and seems to be holding that tip of the rock on.
The sebea at halfmast, he does this in the am. He should be fully extended by now.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
Cont,
The Condy

Still kicking he likes that hole, even though he doesn't get much light.
The decorator crab

and of course the king of the tank(ever try to get a puffer to sit still> :p

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
You really need to get rid of the slate and the really dense limestone in the bottom R and F of the picture. I don't like it very much at all. Are you using RO? - that is still quite a lot of diatoms.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
yeah the slate and limestone is temporary, Just leaving it in until i get more live rock. I'm adding it at 2-4 pounds a week to keep from sending the system into bio shock. As I am doing this backwards I had a fish in a brackish tank then upped him to full SW before adding rock.

Right now the slate is being used as a cave for the crab, again it will come out. as will that cheesy fake rock formation on the Left. It's there to provide the puffer something of interests. If you don't give them something they go nuts. I hope to make something sim to it out of small LR eventually.

Yes I am using RO, I think the amount of diatoms is due to the constant addition of new LR,

thanks..keep the suggestions common.