sweet new additions

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
hey guys went to the lfs today and got some cool new stuff, a skunk cleaner, a umbrella leather, and while i was looking at the coral tank i spotted a nudibranch that had come in on one of their corals and they didnt know about it, i pointed it out to them as it was munching on some starbrights, and they let me take it home for free, i know....research first but i have a decent knowledge of nudibranches so i felt comfortable taking it home, but after looking around in reef inverts by anthony calfo, and in some other books i haven't found anything that really resembles it, it has a mottled brown body with small random white sploches on it with small bright blue spots, it also has a bony spine which iam not sure if it is venemous or not, i will work on getting a picture of it, if this rings a bell for anyone as to a specific name let me know that would be great

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Try sea slug forums. What was it on when you saw it. ID that correectly and your chances of id'ing the slug are better as they are usually so locked to one foodstuff

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
well yea but it was an impulse for free so....and he is doing fine happily munching away on my xenia which is good because I was going to have to start harvesting it soon, I think I am going to get another digital camera for my birthday next month ill get pictures of the tank and all the inhabitants in there up as soon as I can, I think he will do fine for his relatively short life span 1 year or so, and he should get to be about 8 inches