Tang??

Sep 10, 2006
"Sometimes you all make me feel that you are attacking me by some of the things that I am asking".
I dont think that I am going to stay on the forum any more.
But thanks for all your info.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2006
I am just asking did not think that was right so I thought that I would ASK.......I might get one but for now I don't think that I am right now.
This is part of my research............I have 3 books that I am reading and other people that I have talk to have told me some good things, just better to get info from other people.

"Sometimes you all make me feel that you are attacking me by some of the things that I am asking".
I dont think that I am going to stay on the forum any more.
But thanks for all your info.

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
no ones attacking you brown were just very enthusiatic about doing things right (Which is what research does)

we know your doing research and asking before just going out and buying two tangs.

No one in this thread made any attacking comments just answers to your post. However though a tang will not work out in a 30 and you have to understand that. They need alot of swimming room and algae to graze on and a 30 can not provide that.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I don't think that objective criticism is attacking. If you think this is attacking I can direct you to another forum where the questions you asked would have been shredded and ridiculed. No one did that here.....but if you dislike our advice which is meant in the best possible light then pm me and I can direct you to another forum.....where believe me the reception to newbies is far from friendly

demons9872 said:
you should be ok with a tang in your tank
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Are you serious. It needs room to swim, I just went to capital aquarium and they told that they are soon toi move 5 juveniles to their 500g tank so that they are happy!

Edit:It doesnt matter how big they are when you get them, its about how big they will be and what they truly need to be happy!

Jul 23, 2006
ive got 3 in my 75 among other fish and they are all happy i dont see an issue with 1 small one in a 30m gallon yea when they get older there gonna need a new home but a small tang should be ok in a 30 gallon

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
3 in a 75 is too many, unless they have the tank all to them selves, and even then, and 3 is such a bad number, 1 will be singled out as the weak one and beaten on by the other two. There is no way to judge whether a fish is happy or not, it can't tell you, and unless it is unhealthy you will have no outward physical signs, but just pure swimming room a 30 gallon is too small, even for a small tang.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I have 1 in my 75g and I regret it as I think it doesn't have enough free swimming room. He is healthy and seems to do very well though I think he will be much happier in the future when I move up to a 120g

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
My research has shown one yellow tang in a 55 would be acceptable. All other tangs I have reasearched said between 75 and 120 at a minimum. I have also been thinking about a tang, but I still haven't decided if it's the right fish for my tank.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Joe if your 55 is a 48" long you would probably be okay. I just have so much rock in my tank that I think that sometimes the tang would be better off in a larger tank......he is about 5" and hopefully won't get too much bigger before I upsize to a 120....in the future.........

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
It is definitely down the road, probably in a year or two. My husband is still in shock over the costs associated with the 75G. Though an upgrade won't cost much more than the tank/stand and new lights......I could combine my 75 and 20 into it. Sell the 75 and get enough to pay for the new one.......though I wouldn't go any less than a custom drilled all glass.......with a great sump/fuge and all the trimmings.....