Tank Chronicles

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
hmm...I personally would straighten the seio ...looks neater, other then that good job.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Well here are a few pics of my tank.....
six weeks in

Not happy with lighting so rearranged rock work this is afterwards

A few inhabitants

everyone seems happy

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Yes I know it looks off kilter, but that was the only way to position it so the flow would be just right........though I still have some minor low flow areas at the back of the tank.......otherwise I like the way the light plays now.....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
It is a Current USA Outer Orbit which has 2 x 130w blue actinic pc and 2 x 150w metal halides and 6 small white moon lights with two fans. Currently I have them on a timer but I am not sure what the light schedule should be......I have the blue lights come on about 6 am and the mh come on at 9:30 a.m. when the blues go off.....then the mh go off about 6 pm with the blues coming on til 7.30 when all go out and the moons come on....Any help anyone can give me or suggestions on the schedule are greatly appreciated.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I hand picked the rock at Premium Aquatics. They don't have a lot of life in them but they do have unusual shapes and great corraline algae which is starting to grow on everything else too. The smallest of the rocks weighed in at 26 lbs. I was panicking driving home thinking I wouldn't fit it in and would have to break some down but I was lucky.The new set up is much more 3 dimensional with more depth as it is curved

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
yes it is the pre-skim box for the aqua remora pro skimmer.....works like a charm. I am contemplating setting up a sump/refugium and I think I want to try to incorporate the hob skimmer to the sump somehow as I just bought it...........should have given that aspect a little more thought.......I think I can hang it on a 30 gallon tank that I will convert to a fuge........I just hope I have clearance in my stand.....

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Thanks for all the kind words. I want a fuge to cultivate some macro algae for nutrient export to reduce any chance of nitrates/phosphates and also supply some fresh for the tang.

The frogspawn is about 6 heads and expands to about 10 inches across during the day. The clowns have been hosting it since I put it in the tank. The little one is constantly surfing through it.