Tank crack

Brossy

Small Fish
Apr 15, 2005
I have an empty 72 Gallon Bowfront tank. At the top of one of the corners there is a circular underglass crap. Its about the size of a quarter. Its right at the top above the water level, but I was concerned that it might threaten the strength or integrity of the tank. There is no piece missing or anything you can just see the crack under the glass. Is there any concern here or I can just leave the tank setup? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks alot

Aug 23, 2005
bellaire, ohio
i dont know if id worry about it if its that high on the tank, there was a few posts awhile back that people talked about sealing over a crack i think with plexiglass, could be wrong tho. my parents had an octogon tank that had a small crack in it, it never really gave us any problems though.

Sep 11, 2005
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
I don't think it's ever worth the risk to use a cracked tank. Too many variables and possible bad outcomes. Cracks in glass, especially under pressure, are just accidents waiting to happen. Those cracks will do nothing but spread.

Think about it - do you really want to come home to a floor full of water and dead fish? Especially 72 gallons.